Thursday, May 10, 2012

Burnt Pizza


 

It was a hot afternoon in Puerto Rico. My friend Alexandra and I were hungry and decided to make some Kool-aid and take a frozen pizza out of the freezer.  A supreme pizza that contained onions, bell peppers, olives, and my favorite, mushrooms.  It also had sausage and of course the cheese. I was so excited for that pizza and couldn’t wait for it to be done.  My sister was in her room and waiting for the pizza as well. I unwrapped the pizza and placed it on to a flat baking pan. I turned the oven up to 425 degrees.  We waited till for the beeping sound that indicated us that the oven was pre heated and ready to use.  We placed the pizza inside the oven and closed the oven door slowly.  Our mouth watered as we waited anxiously for the pizza.  For some reason we were distracted by a videogame my little sister was playing and we had forgotten all about the pizza.  Thirty minutes went by and we were still paying attention to the video game.  An hour later, Alexandra and I, headed towards the kitchen to get a glass of water, when all of a sudden white rings of smoke coming out of the oven caught my attention. I said with a curious and confused tone, “what is that Alexandra? It’s pretty” She opened her eyes like if she was scared of was if she had noticed something that wasn’t right. “Oh My Gosh Crystal, the pizza!” she shouted.  My instant reaction was to open turn of the oven and open the oven door.  Little did I know what was going to be a mistake.  Flames roared out of the oven and the fire alarm started beeping. We ran to get towels and we started hit and putting the fire off. Luckly nobody got hurt and at the end, we just had a scare and a burnt pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment